Show me someone’s calendar and their spending, and I’ll show you their priorities.– Ramit Sethi
People want your time.
- 5 minutes to chat.
- A 30-minute call to pick your brain.
- A 1-hour coffee session to catch up.
- A speaking gig.
- A potential collaboration.
Every second you give to them is a second you take away from yourself.
Remember that time when you thought how amazing your day will be if you have that extra hour to work on your side hustle?
How about when you told a friend that you stopped going to the gym because you no longer have the time?
What about not texting or calling people that you truly love because you don’t have enough time?
Take a look at your calendar and do these 3 things.
- Put personal growth activities like reading, meditation, sleep and making a healthy meal into your calendar. Yes, SLEEP too.
- Create non-negotiable slots in your calendar for deep work.
- Prepare a message that will become your template to decline requests for your time.
I did all three today, and more (see below). It’s your turn now.
Work Done for Today
- Setup Google Analytics.
- Wrote 565 words for ANSA Hotel Kuala Lumpur Review.
Q & A
Do you have any question about my entry for today? Happy to answer it. Just leave a comment below.